Throw the Ultimate Southern Living Tailgate
1. Set a Stand-Out Table
2. Choose Gameday Serving Pieces
3. Create a Stellar Food Spread
Sloppy Cola Joe Dogs
- Sauté 1.5 lbs of ground beef with 1 medium onion, thinly sliced until meat is browned; drain.
- Add meat mixture back to the pan and cook with 12 oz. of tomato paste and 1 tbs of Worcestershire sauce for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup of Dr. Pepper and 1/2 cup of water and cook, stirring constantly, 6 to 8 minutes or until bubbly. Remove from heat, and stir in pepperoncini peppers; add salt and red pepper to taste.
- Serve with your favorite hot dogs, buns, and slaw!
Tailgate Deviled Eggs
- Cut 12 hard boiled eggs in half lengthwise; carefully remove yolks, and place in a bowl, reserving whites.
- Mash yolks with a fork. Stir in 1/2 cup of mayonnaise, 2 tsp of yellow mustard, 3 tbs of sweet pickle relish, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon egg yolk mixture into egg whites. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover and chill.
- For a Tailgating Twist, add your favorite SEC team topping just before serving (like smoky pimento cheese for Tennessee or Cajun shrimp for LSU)!